Civilisation travels - is never static. The speed of its journey is contingent on how people keep an optimistic mindset as against a pessimistic mind set. Traveling through 31 years, we can all agree that other baby local governments are faring ahead of us in the area trade and infrastructure. This doesn't mean that they produce more than us. Unless we take time to have sober reflection, several things shall continue to elude us. On this anniversary, I seek to concise on immediate issues as the ones I submitted before haven't been given full attention. Obviously, our hospital is still an unuses house built on people's farm who were not compensated but rather prevented from cultivating it from 2006 till date. We can imagine what the farm owners would have gained from that time to date. I would reiterate on the these issues however:
2. MABUDI DAM ROAD -THE EYESORE OF LANGTANG SOUTH: This road took about seven years to construct. Unfortunately, it took less than one year for the road to have heart wrecking potholes! Recent rains is washing the road away. This road needs emergency attention before it becomes a source of great disaster.
3. MABUDI WATER PROJECT: While Mabudi community is being carried away by floods this time, it can barely remember the days of acute water shortage in May and June. Since the collapse of the first tank which killed one and injured about 5 (including my daughter and myself), and the tank reconstructed in the Mabudi town square, water no longer flow from the taps. This leaves us wondering when the waters will flow again.
4. LAMDWAL-WALNIM ROAD, MABUDI GAMAKAI-TAKALAFIYA-TIMMAN-NDINGSHAN ROADS: These communities are critical to the economy of Langtang South and the roads linking them are in a state of quagmire. These roads need to be graded to foster economic development.
5. WE DON'T FEEL THE IMPACT OF SENATORS: Other than the late Sen Shagaya, the people of Langtang South have not had positive impacts from Senators. Apart from negligible projects (to the status of Senators), there is no impact whatsoever from our "Distinguish" that commensurate their "Distinguish" status. In fact, private individuals have done more for us than Senators. We need so much more from them.
6. EXPLOITATION OF LANGTANG SOUTH COMPANIES: There is no doubt that Langtang South is blessed with abundant mineral and natural resources. Unfortunately, the people have not gotten the best of their land due to explorers. Instances of such unfruitful explorations include:
i. TIMFIM/GINA RUMBU abandoned mining site where the natural deposits are believed to have been extracted ii. MABUDI, SABON GIDA AND GANGNIM GOVERNMENT FARMLANDS that are rented out to companies to cultivate
In corporate governance, a company doesn't just enter a community, explore it and leave; it must carry out Corporate Social Responsibility such as building schools, roads, hospitals or meet certain needs of the community.
Unfortunately, in Langtang South, they come, explore us and just go away without accountability to anybody. In fact, even some of these companies are called upon to pray Local Government revenues, they threaten court actions.
Unless these acts of exploitation are addressed, we the youths will act to prevent future fruitless exploitation of our land.
CONCLUSION: We thank politicians who remember the needs of the people. God will bless you individually. The General Elections are around the corner. The people of Langtang South must eschew politics of bitterness and greed so that we vote those that will make impact on the people.
God bless Langtang South.
PD Kasam, Convener, Langtang South Project
Miri Nanlir Gambo from Jos Plateau State. A lover of Culture and always want the younger generation to know about their root and where they are coming from.
Blogger | Media Influencer | Digital Marketing Strategist | Content Creator | Lover of Entertainment.... Only the Best is good for you. Hit me Up: +234 09034265628
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative, the University of Oxford and the Mastercard Foundation have an…read more
Are you looking for a chance to study abroad? This could be your…read more
As part of effort towards promoting food security in her constituency, member Representing Langtang North/South Federal Constituency, Honourable Beni Lar…read more
The Honourable member representing Langtang North/South Federal Constituency, Honourable Beni Lar has reiterated her determination to continually remain a voice…read more